By Lauren Stenzel, UWO Health Advocate
With Valentine’s Day right around the corner, the shelves in grocery stores are filling up with numerous themed goodies. Many times, these delicious snacks are packed full of sugar. If you are someone who has had their fair share of sweet treats over the last couple months, here are a few nutritious treats that will still keep you in the Valentine ’s Day spirit.
- Try frozen yogurt covered strawberries, rather than chocolate covered ones. However, make sure to use Greek yogurt since it is a little bit healthier than regular.
- A strawberry or raspberry smoothie tastes great, and it still rings true to the Valentine’s day theme.
- Making a bouquet of roses out of strawberries is sure to bring a smile to someone’s face and is still healthy.
- If you’re looking for something to fill you up over lunch, try a loaded heart shaped omelet muffin.
- Lastly, breakfast foods are usually a crowd pleaser, so try wheat pancakes shaped in a heart, or x’s and o’s for those hugs and kisses.