To keep your workout aerobic, perform a high number of reps with light resistance and stack exercises into a circuit. An example would include: Dumbbell squats, good mornings, stability lunges, bicep curls to overhead press, cable chest flies, cable rotations, and hanging leg raises.
- Dumbbell squat: Hold dumbbells in each hand with your arms down. Squat, keeping the weights close to your sides.
- Good morning: Hold a barbell on your shoulders, behind your head. Bend forward, keeping the back straight, until it’s parallel to the ground. Return to the upright position.
- Stability lunge: Lunge with your leading (front) foot on a stability ball.
- Bicep curls to overhead press: Using dumbbells and starting with your arms fully extended, curl your arm upward, bending at the elbow. Lift your arms up and over your head to complete the overhead press.
- Cable chest fly: Using the fly machine, grab one cable handle in each hand. Begin with your arms extended out, parallel to the floor; then bring your arms forward and together in a hugging motion.
- Cable rotation: Hold the cable handle with both hands. Begin with your feet planted perpendicular to the machine so that your body is rotated towards it. Keeping your feet stationary, extend the cables to the other side of your body, rotating your body along with it.
- Hanging leg raise: Hold onto a pull-up bar with both hands. Lift both legs up, bringing your knees to your chest. Lower your legs back to the starting position.
- Rest for two to three minutes and repeat the circuit three or four times.
-Stephen Tamm, West Texas A&M University